Sunday, May 21, 2017

No Slave Is Greater Than His Master

"Truly, I say to you, the servant is not greater than his master, nor is the messenger greater than he who sent him.  Understand this, and blessed are you, if you put it into practice.


I AM not speaking of you all, because I know the ones I have chosen, and the Scripture has to be fulfilled which says: The one who shares MY table will rise up against ME.  I tell you this now before it happens, so that when it does happen, you may know that I AM HE.


Truly, I say to you, whoever welcomes the one I send, welcomes ME; and whoever welcomes ME, welcomes the One who sent ME." - John 13:16-20 

(The apostles will do what their LORD did before them, since HE will send them in HIS name to forgive sins.  They are not to act as hierarchical officials or judges granting pardon to sinners but to take the first step in humility and mercy, in order to likewise purify those who approach the Supper of the LORD.)

On-Site
On-Track 

No comments:

Post a Comment