Friday, February 01, 2019

'Here Am I! Send Me'

"With resolve I waited for YAHWEH; HE listened and heard me beg.
Out of the horrid pit HE drew me; out of deadly quicksand, HE settled my feet upon a rock and made my steps steady.
HE put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our GOD.  Many will see and be awed and put their trust in YAHWEH.
Blessed is the one who relies on YAHWEH and does not look to the proud, nor go astray after false gods.
How numerous, O YAHWEH, are YOUR wonderful deeds!  In YOUR marvelous plans for us YOU are beyond compare!  How many they are--I cannot tell them or count their number.
Sacrifice and oblation YOU did not desire; this, YOU had me understand.  Burnt offering and sin offering YOU do not require.
Then I said, 'Here I come! as the scroll says of me.  To do YOUR will is my delight, O GOD, for YOUR law is within my heart.'
In the great assembly I have proclaimed YOUR saving help.  My lips, O YAHWEH, I did not seal--YOU know that very well.
I have not locked up in my heart YOUR saving help, but have spoken about it--YOUR deliverance and YOUR faithfulness;
I have made no secret of YOUR truth and of YOUR kindness in the great assembly."
- Psalm 40:2-11


(The Epistle to the Hebrews [10:5-7] invites us to hear verses 7-9 of this psalm as if CHRIST HIMSELF were speaking them.  And it is true that we could recite verses 1-11 along with HIM and in HIS name, thanking GOD for all that HE has done.

The psalmist gives us assurance that no matter who we are and what our economic condition, if we love GOD, HE will always and forever be by our side.  The words of Isaiah, 'Here am I!  Send me' [Isaiah 6:8], are echoed in this psalm and JESUS in Luke 4:21 said, "Today these prophetic words come true, even as you listen."  And, the words of JESUS CHRIST our Savior will come true, if only we listen and obey!

Those who have experienced divine love and tenderness will feel impelled to announce it, as a great message, even at the cost of their own lives.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment