Thursday, July 19, 2018

I Was Given A Thorn In My Flesh

"However, I better give up, lest somebody think more of me than what is seen in me, or heard from me.  Lest I become proud, after so many and extraordinary revelations; I was given a thorn in my flesh, a true messenger of Satan, to slap me in the face.  Three times, I prayed to the LORD that it leave me, but HE answered, 'MY grace is enough for you; MY great strength is revealed in weakness.'
Gladly, then, will I boast of my weakness, that the strength of CHRIST may be mine.  So I rejoice, when I suffer infirmities, humiliations, want, persecutions: all for CHRIST!  For when I am weak, then I am strong." - 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 

(I was given a thorn in my flesh.  Many hypotheses have been offered on what this thorn could be: an illness perhaps [2 Corinthians 1:8; Galatians 4:13] of which the unforeseen relapses reduced him to powerlessness?  Or a temptation of the "flesh," a late consequence of his moral education as rigid as the commandments of the law?  What is certain is that we all aspire to a state of peace in which we feel sure of ourselves, but GOD for HIS part, whatever the richness of HIS gifts, refuses to grant it [1 Corinthians 2:5; 4:7].)

On-Site
On-Track

No comments:

Post a Comment