Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Searcher Of Mind And Heart

"YAHWEH made it known to me and so I know!  And YOU let me see their scheming: 'Take care, even your kinsfolk and your own family are false with you, and behind your back they freely criticize you.  Do not trust them when they approach you in a friendly way.'
But I was like a gentle lamb led to the slaughter.  I did not know it was against me that they were plotting, 'Let us feed him with trials and remove him from the land of the living and let his name never be mentioned again.'
YAHWEH, GOD of Hosts, YOU who judge with justice and know everyone's heart and intentions, let me see your vengeance on them, for to YOU I have entrusted my cause." - Jeremiah 11:18-20 
(This chapter is one of the few offering us the preaching of Jeremiah in the years following the "discovery of the law" and Josiah's reform [see 2 Kings 22].  For awhile, wishing to do his best to serve YAHWEH, king Josiah aroused a new fervor.  Yet, when we read what Jeremiah says here, we see that the conversion of the people was not, nor could be, in depth.)

On-Site
On-Track   

No comments:

Post a Comment