Friday, August 21, 2015

The Protagonist

Hi! and a happy special holiday today, GUYS.  Let me give you today a very inspiring kind of friendship between in-laws:
 
THE GOOD NEWS (21 August 2015)
 
"Naomi said, 'Return home, my daughters.  Why should you come with me, when I have no more sons to become your husbands?'... Then Orpah kissed her mother-in-law goodbye, but Ruth clung to her.  Naomi said, 'Look, your sister-in-law returns to her people and her gods.  You too must return.  Go after her.'
Ruth replied, 'Don't ask me to leave you.  For I will go where you go and stay where you stay.  Your people will be my people and your GOD, my GOD.  Where you die, there will I die and be buried.  May YAHWEY deal with me severely if anything except death separates us'." - Ruth 1:11, 14-17 


(A spirit of supranational openness inspires this story written around the 4th century B.C.  Shortly before this, Ezra had forced the Jews to get rid of their foreign wives who might have enticed them to follow pagan religions.  By contrast, here the protagonist of the story is a foreign woman.  Ruth accepts the true GOD of Israel and she is welcomed into the community of the people of GOD.)

No comments:

Post a Comment