Monday, April 15, 2024

Confident Prayer In Distress

"Give heed to my plea and make haste to rescue me. Be a rock of refuge for me, a fortress for my safety.
For YOU are my rock and my stronghold, lead me for YOUR name's sake.
Into YOUR hands I commend my spirit; YOU have redeemed me, O YAHWEH, faithful GOD.
You hate those who worship worthless idols; but I put all my trust in YAHWEH.
I will rejoice and be glad in YOUR love, for YOU have seen my affliction; YOU know the agony of my soul.
Make YOUR face shine upon YOUR servant; serve me in YOUR love
In the shelter of YOUR presence, YOU hide them from human wiles; YOU keep them in YOUR dwelling, safe from the intrigues of wagging tongues."
Psalm 31:3-4. 6. 7. 8. 17. 21


(This psalm has so many nuances and so many different perspectives that, whoever prays with it, can remain wherever he feels more comfortable.  At the end of the psalm, love prevails.

The psalmist appears to be in a state of desperation.  At times, we too can identify ourselves with such a situation.  However, he does not give up hope when he asks the LORD to. "Save me in YOUR love" in the very last words.  There also are prophetic words in this psalm as JESUS HIMSELF in Luke 23:46 utters the words, "Into YOUR hands I commend MY spirit."  JESUS once again shows us the way, even at the last hour.  Our hope and trust in the LORD can be restored by repeatedly praying with this psalm.)

No comments:

Post a Comment