Saturday, July 23, 2016

The Joy Of The Pilgrimage

Hello! and happy good weekend to all of us, GUYS.  For our "food for the soul" this Saturday:

THE GOOD NEWS (23 July 2016)

"My soul yearns, pines,
for the courts of the LORD.
My heart and my flesh
cry out for the living GOD.

Even the sparrow finds a home,
and the swallow a nest
where she may lay her young,
at YOUR altars, O LORD of hosts,
my King and my GOD.

Happy are those who live in YOUR house,
continually singing YOUR praise!
Happy the pilgrims whom YOU strengthen,
to make the ascent to YOU.

As they pass through the Valley,
they make it a place of springs,
the early rains covers it with blessings.
They go from strength to strength
till they appear before GOD in Zion.

O LORD of hosts, hear my prayer;
give ear, O GOD of Jacob!
Look upon our shield, O GOD;
look upon the face of YOUR anointed!

One day in YOUR courts is better
than a thousand elsewhere.
I would rather be left at the threshold
in the house of my GOD
than to dwell in the tents of the wicked."
- Psalm 84:3-11

Jerusalem, The Joy Of The Pilgrimage



(Every believer is a pilgrim in search of the eternal homeland.  Sometimes we feel the need to join the great marches and pilgrimages when people both relive and reaffirm their faith.

Happy are those who live in YOUR house: the priests and Levites in charge of celebrations and music.

I would rather be left at the threshold... Better to sleep out of doors in the courtyard of the Temple than ask a citizen of Jerusalem for lodging - one who might be arrogant and unable to share the joy of a pilgrim.) 


The Pilgrims

No comments:

Post a Comment