Friday, July 08, 2016

Have Mercy On Me, LORD!

Hello! and happy TGIF to all of us, GUYS.  Our "food for the soul" this Friday:

THE GOOD NEWS (08 July 2016)

"Fill me with joy and gladness;
let the bones YOU have crushed rejoice.
Turn YOUR face away from my sins
and blot out all my offenses.


Create in me, O GOD, a pure heart;
give me a new and steadfast spirit.
Do not cast me out of YOUR presence
nor take YOUR holy spirit from me.


Give me again the joy of YOUR salvation
and sustain me with a willing spirit.
Then I will show wrongdoers YOUR ways
and sinners will return to YOU."
Psalm 51:10-14


(The whole psalm breathes an atmosphere of serenity because GOD does not want the death of the sinner, but rather that he may live.  The sinner, pardoned and sure of GOD's constant pardon, will be the witness of divine mercy in an embittered and pessimistic world.

When in the Church, we receive the sacrament of pardon, we meet JESUS HIMSELF, the Savior who intercedes, and the FATHER who pardons.  Each of our confessions is a joyful celebration of GOD's mercy and a source of renewal.)

The Sacrament Of Pardon (Confession)

No comments:

Post a Comment