Sunday, December 25, 2022

I Send My Messenger To Prepare The Way

 "Now I AM sending MY messenger ahead of ME, to clear the way; then, suddenly, the LORD, for whom you long, will enter the Sanctuary.  The envoy of the Covenant which you so greatly desire, already comes, says YAHWEH of hosts. Who can bear the day of HIS coming and remain standing when HE appears?  For HE will be like fire in the foundry and like the lye used for bleaching.

HE will be as a refiner or a fuller.  HE will purify the sons of Levi and refine them, like gold and silver.  So YAHWEH will have priests who will present the offering as it should be.  Then YAHWEH will accept with pleasure the offering of Judah and Jerusalem, as in former days.

'I AM going to send you the prophet Elijah before the day of YAHWEH comes, for it will be a great and terrible day.  He will reconcile parents with their children, and the children with their parents, so that I may not have to curse this land when I come.'" - Malachi 3:1-4. 23-24 

(Now I AM sending MY messenger.  To those complaining that GOD does not reveal HIS justice, nor reward sufficiently those who serve HIM, Malachi responds by declaring that the LORD will come soon.  HE announces the coming of a messenger of GOD who will be responsible for preparing the way for HIM, and that will be the sign of HIS coming soon.)

On-Site

No comments:

Post a Comment