Sunday, May 26, 2019

The Dawning Of New Hope

"My heart is steadfast, O GOD; my heart is steadfast.  I will sing and make music.
Awake, my soul; awake, O harp and lyre!  I will wake the dawn.
I will give thanks to YOU, O YAHWEH, among the peoples; I will sing praise to YOU among the nations.
For YOUR love reaches to the heavens, and YOUR faithfulness, to the clouds.  Be exalted, O GOD, above the heavens!  Let YOUR glory be over all the earth!"
- Psalm 57:8-12


(The 'morning' in the psalm often stands for the dawning of new hope.  The psalmist is awake, shouting so loud, that the personified Dawn, that is relief, will have to come.

This psalm could be the prayer of the one who waits, with total trust, for calamities to end.  The glory of the Most High fills the earth.)

On-Site

No comments:

Post a Comment