Sunday, May 19, 2019

How Can I Repay YAHWEH For All HIS Goodness To Me?

"How can I repay YAHWEH 
for all HIS goodness to me?
I will lift up the cup of salvation
and call on the name of YAHWEH.

I will fulfill my vows to YAHWEH
in the presence of all HIS people.
It is painful to YAHWEH 
to see the death of HIS faithful.
O YAHWEH, I am YOUR servant,
truly YOUR servant, YOUR handmaid's son.
YOU have freed me from my bonds.

I will offer YOU a thanksgiving sacrifice;
I will call on the name of YAHWEH."
- Psalm 116:12-17


(This psalm is a simple prayer of thanks to GOD, after an escape from death by sickness, accident or malice.  It became part of the Hallel or 'Hymn of Praise' [Psalm 113-118] sung at the Paschal supper.

We can pray with this psalm, when we have overcome mortal dangers or solved personal conflicts.  It is good for everything to remain in the sphere of the love of GOD, in whom we believe.)

On-Site 

No comments:

Post a Comment