Friday, February 10, 2017

Blessed Are Those Whose Sins Are Forgiven

Hi! and happy TGIF to all of us, GUYS.  Our "daily bread" this Friday:

THE GOOD NEWS (10 February 2017)

"Blessed is the one whose sin is forgiven,
whose inequity is wiped away.

Blessed are those in whom the LORD sees no guilt
and in whose spirit is found no deceit.

When I kept my sin secret,
my body wasted away,
I was moaning all day long.
YOUR hand day and night lay heavy upon me;
draining my strength, parching my heart
as in the heat of a summer drought.

Then I made known to YOU my sin
and uncovered before YOU my fault,
saying to myself,
'To the LORD I will now confess my wrong.'
And YOU, YOU forgave my sin,
YOU removed my guilt.

So let the faithful ones pray
to YOU in time of distress;
the overflowing waters will not reach them.

YOU are my refuge;
YOU protect me from distress
and surround me with songs of deliverance."
- Psalm 32:1-7


.
(It is good to clarify what was not really sin but caused guilt.  On the other hand, nothing is gained in denying a fault and still less a sin.  In Christian language, sin signifies that we committed a wrong not with a law but towards someone we love.

Our well-being, in the truest meaning of the word, depends on the quality of our relationship with GOD: what sin has destroyed will only be restored by trust in GOD who pardons the humble and the repentant.  When we ask GOD to heal someone, we do not separate health of body from health of soul.

Buried sin ruins our conscience.  Confession is always a liberation.)

No comments:

Post a Comment