Saturday, October 29, 2016

CHRIST Is My Life

Hello! and happy good weekend to all of us, GUYS.  Our "food for the soul" this Saturday:

THE GOOD NEWS (29 October 2016)
"But in any case, whether they are sincere or showing off, CHRIST is proclaimed and because of this I rejoice and have no regrets.
I know that all this will be a grace for me because of your prayers and the help given by the Spirit of CHRIST.  I am hopeful, even certain, that I shall not be ashamed.  I feel as assured now, as before, that CHRIST will be exalted through my person, whether I live or die.
For to me, living is CHRIST, and dying is gain.  But if I am to go on living, I shall be able to enjoy fruitful labor.  Which shall I choose?  So I feel torn between the two.  I desire greatly to leave this life and to be with CHRIST, which will be better by far, but it is necessary for you that I remain in this life.  And because I am convinced of this, I know that I will stay and remain with you for your progress and happiness in the faith.  I will surely come to you again, and give you more reason for being proud of belonging to CHRIST JESUS." - Philippians 1:18-26 
Apostle Paul Preaching
(Paul is not only persecuted by the Jews: even in the Church "false brothers," delighted he is in prison, see in this situation the possibility of increasing their own importance.  The problem is one for all times: the great names of the apostolate have spent half of their energy in limiting the harm caused by rivals or by powerful groups in the Church.  Paul, however, is gifted with wisdom: he sees that even if many do for personal interest what they believe they are doing for GOD, he knows how to turn it to account.
Remains  Of Apostle Paul's Prison Cell
In Philippi
I am hopeful, even certain, that I shall not be ashamed.  Paul's concern is that his trial and his appearances should serve to reveal CHRIST's message to the authorities.

CHRIST is my life.  It is quite trendy to say that Christians should "understand the word" and be "fully human."  This is true in a certain way, but it does not say everything.  GOD's love increases in us through the gift of ourselves to persons and to tasks that HE entrusts to us, but as the love of GOD grows, the desire of CHRIST and eternity takes root with it: this desire makes us like strangers in the world.

Paul would like to see his friends but not for that will he linger over fraternal meals in which his friends would try to provide him with a warm atmosphere.  His deep desire is for what he still lacks: to meet CHRIST in HIS glory [see 2 Corinthians 4:16 and Philippians 3:10].

I desire greatly to leave this life and to be with CHRIST.  Thus, those who say that a person ceases to exist at the time of death and only recovers life in the resurrection at the end of times are wrong.  See 2 Corinthians 5:8 also.)

No comments:

Post a Comment