Sunday, September 01, 2024

A Demonstration Of Spirit And Power

"When I came to reveal to you the mystery of GOD's plan. I did not count on eloquence or on a show of learning.  I was determined, not to know anything among you, but JESUS, the Messiah, and a crucified Messiah.  I, myself, came; weak, fearful and trembling; my words, and preaching, were not brilliant, or clever to win listeners.  It was, rather, a demonstration of spirit and power, so, that, your faith might be a matter, not of human wisdom, but of GOD's power." - 1 Corinthians 2:1-5  

(I myself came weak, fearful and trembling.  Paul indeed must have felt weak when for the first time he was bringing the Gospel to a brilliant Greek city well used to slavery and immorality.  We experience the same feelings towards the evangelization of the modern world; preparation is important but what is it to prepare ourselves?  Paul invites us to accept the mystery of the cross and to find there the strength of the Spirit.

It was a demonstration of spirit and power.  The power of spirit, the power of prayer, the power of suffering.  The Spirit is poured out after JESUS has suffered and died.  With HIM, we can expect everything.  Healings and miracles are worthless [and the devil takes advantage of them] unless they affirm faith in JESUS crucified, acting through the humble, and present in the poor.)

On-Site

No comments:

Post a Comment