Friday, October 05, 2018

With My Own Eyes I Shall See HIM!

"Have pity my friends, have pity,
for GOD's hand has struck me!
Why do you hound me as GOD does?
Will you never have enough of my flesh?
Oh, that my words were written, 
or recorded on bronze
with an iron tool, a chisel
or engraved forever on rock!

For I know that my Redeemer lives,
and HE, the last, will take HIS stand on earth.
I will be there behind my skin,
and in my flesh I shall see GOD.
With my own eyes I shall see HIM--
I and not another.  How my heart yearns!"
- Job 19:21-27

The Story Of Job
(Here, Job again strongly expresses his faith: I know that my Redeemer lives... and in my flesh I shall see GOD.

The very justice of GOD demands that HE speak after all the speakers.  GOD often waits for HIS servants to die to justify them, but in the end HE will come as Redeemer or Liberator: all will see and hear [Wisdom 5].  Such was the hope of the oppressed just of whom Scripture speaks, and of JESUS HIMSELF.

In fact, Job himself is not an oppressed person waiting to be liberated.  What is more important for him is not to prevail in reasoning with his adversaries, but to see GOD and hear HIM.)

On-Site
On-Track

No comments:

Post a Comment