Thursday, November 17, 2022

The Voice Is Sweet, But The Task Is Difficult

 "And the voice I had heard from heaven, spoke again, saying to me, 'Go near the angel who stands on the sea and, on the land, and take the small book open in his hand.'  So, I approached the angel and asked him for the small book; he said to me, 'Take it and eat; although it be sweet as honey in your mouth, it will be bitter to your stomach.'

I took the small book from the hand of the angel. and ate it.  It was sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it, it turned bitter in my stomach.  Then, I was told, 'You must, again, proclaim GOD's words, about many peoples, nations, tongues and kings.'" - Revelation 10:8-11 

(John must eat the book, expression that we already found in Ezekiel [2:8-3:4].  It is both sweet and sour: the voice is sweet, but the task is difficult.  Thus, we understand that the history of Israel, imaged by the book of the seven seals [5:1], was not all of sacred history but only its first part, the Old Testament.)

On-Site

No comments:

Post a Comment