Sunday, August 23, 2020

Thanksgiving To A Faithful GOD

 "I thank YOU, O YAHWEH, with all my heart,
for YOU have heard the word of my lips.
I sing YOUR praise in the presence of the gods.

I bow down YOUR holy temple 
and give thanks to YOUR name,
for YOUR love and faithfulness,
for YOUR word, which exceeds everything.
YOU answered me when I called;
YOU restored my soul and made me strong.

O YAHWEH, all kings on earth will give you praise,
when they have heard YOUR words.

They will celebrate the ways of YAHWEH,
'great is the glory of YAHWEH!'
From above, YAHWEH watches over the lowly;
from afar, HE marks down the haughty.

If I walk in the midst of trouble,
YOU give me life.
With outstretched arm,
YOU save me from the wrath of my foes,
with YOUR right hand, YOU deliver me.

How YAHWEH cares for me!
YOUR kindness, O YAHWEH, endures forever.
Forsake not the work of YOUR hands."
- Psalm 138:1-8


(The great GOD, LORD of the world and of angels, cares for us, constantly surpassing what we could expect from HIM.

The one who prays does not know how his own future will be.  He is certain, however, that if the dangers are great, the hand of GOD is saving and HIS love is eternal.  GOD cannot forsake the work of HIS hands.  Thanksgiving has a future.

The psalmist thanks GOD repeatedly for answering his prayers.  Indeed, our prayers will be answered because JESUS told us so.  JESUS even taught us how to pray [Matthew 6:9], and told us to ask and we will receive [Matthew 7:7] and whatever we ask in prayer full of faith, you will receive [Matthew 21:22].)

No comments:

Post a Comment