Sunday, February 04, 2018

Job Addresses An Absent GOD

"Man's life on earth is a thankless job,
his days are those of a mercenary.
Like a slave he longs for the shade of evening,
like a hireling waiting for his wages.
Thus I am allotted months of boredom and nights of grief and misery.
In bed I say, 'When shall the day break?'
On rising, I think, 'When shall evening come?'
and I toss restless till down.
My body is full of worms and scabs;
my skin festers with its boils and cracks.
My days pass swifter than a weaver's shuttle,
heading without hope to their end.
My life is like wind, you well know it,
O GOD; never will I see happiness again."
- Job 7:1-7

Job, The Suffering Servant
(Job does not know GOD--FATHER and the trial brings out in him suspicions against a jealous GOD who watches people in order to punish them.

Yet Job's complaint against GOD reminds us of the friction between people who love each other, and precisely because they love each other they are more demanding.)

No comments:

Post a Comment