Thursday, March 17, 2016

Abram Becomes Abraham

Hello! and happy good Thursday to all of us, GUYS.  Our today's "food for the soul":

THE GOOD NEWS (17 March 2016)

"Abram fell face down and GOD said to him, 'This is my covenant with you: you will be the father of a multitude of nations.  No longer will you be called Abram, but Abraham, because I will make you the father of a multitude of nations.  I will make you more and more famous; I will multiply your descendants; nations shall spring from you, kings shall be among your descendants.  And I will establish a covenant, an everlasting covenant between MYSELF and you and your descendants after you; from now on I will be your GOD and the GOD of your descendants after you, for generations to come.  I will give to you and your descendants after you land you are living in, all the land of Canaan, as an everlasting possession and I will be the GOD of your race.'

GOD said to Abraham, 'For your part, you shall keep my covenant, you and your descendants after you, generation after generation." - Genesis 17:3-9


(Abram means venerated father, and Abraham: father of a multitude.  In changing the name of HIS servant, GOD enables him to begin a new life and to really become what his new name expresses.  JESUS will proceed in the same way with the first leader of HIS church [John 1:42].)





No comments:

Post a Comment