Thursday, August 01, 2024

Cry From The Depths Of Sorrow

 "More than the hairs of my head are those who hate me for no reason; mighty are those who attack me, many are my enemies without cause.  What I did not steal I am forced to restore.                                      
--since I am held in contempt for YOUR sake, and shame has covered my face.
I have become a stranger to my kindred, an alien to my mother's sons.
Zeal for YOUR house consumes me, as fire, and those who insult YOU, insult me as well.
But I pray to YOU, O YAHWEH.  At a time most favorable to YOU, in YOUR great love, O GOD, answer me, with YOUR unfailing help."
- Psalm 69:5. 8-10.14 


(In distress the psalmist calls out to GOD to save him.  This fervent call and his faith and trust in GOD will indeed save him.  However, his appeal to GOD to punish those who have wronged him is contrary to the teachings of JESUS who has told us in Matthew 5:44, "Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."  So, if we follow the teachings of CHRIST, we will not reach such depths of desperation, on the contrary we will rise with HIM in eternal salvation.)

No comments:

Post a Comment