Sunday, July 17, 2022

"To Do Justice, To Love Mercy, And To Walk Humbly With Your GOD."

 "Listen to what YAHWEH said to me. 'Stand up, let the mountains hear your claim, and the hills listen to your plea.'

Hear, O mountains, YAHWEH's complaint!  Foundations of the earth, pay attention!  For YAHWEH has a case against HIS people, and will argue it with Israel.

'O MY people, what have I done to you?  In what way have I been a burden to you?  Answer ME.

I brought you out of Egypt; I rescued you from the land of bondage; I sent Moses, Aaron and Miriam to lead you.'

'What shall I bring when I come to YAHWEH and bow down before GOD the most high?  Shall I come with burnt offerings, with sacrifices of yearling calves?  Will YAHWEH be pleased with thousands of rams, with an overabundance of oil libations?  Should I offer my firstborn for my sins, the fruit of my body for my wrongdoing?'

You have been told, O man, what is good and what YAHWEH requires of you: to do justice, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your GOD.'" - Micah 6:1-4. 6-8 

(O MY people, what have I done to you?  In what way have I been a burden to you?  YAHWEH argues with HIS people.  We see GOD's love confronting HIS people's indifference.

Micah is addressing a people without understanding.  When they are in trouble or feel an inclination for religion, they think of expensive things: sacrifices, offerings and even the sacrifice of their children, according to the Canaanite religions.

To do justice, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your GOD.  The answer is short and clear:

- do justice is Amos' message;

- to love mercy: see Hosea 2:21;

- to walk humbly with GOD: see Isaiah.)

On-Site

No comments:

Post a Comment